- Kathleen Glancy is proud to announce that she has been named as a “Super Lawyer” for 2008 – 2020. This is an exclusive list, recognizing no more than five percent of attorneys in North Carolina. Super Lawyers, part of Thomson Reuters, is a research-driven, peer influenced rating service of outstanding lawyers who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement.
- The Law Offices of Kathleen Shannon Glancy, P.A. are pleased to announce that their associate Cheryl O’Brien has joined the team to provide expert legal counsel and representation to Social Security Disability clients. Ms. O’Brien worked as an attorney decision writer for the Social Security Administration before joining our team.
- In 2011 the Workers’ Compensation Section of North Carolina Advocates for Justice recognized Kathleen S. Glancy for extraordinary service rendered to the Section and in furtherance of the preservation of justice for Injured Workers in North Carolina.
- In 2012, North Carolina Advocates for Justice presented the Thurgood Marshall Award to Kathleen Glancy, to recognize extraordinary and selfless service to the people of North Carolina in keeping with the legacy of Justice Thurgood Marshall. Thurgood Marshall was an Associate Justice of the United States Supreme Court, serving from October 1967 until October 1991. Marshall was the Court’s 96th justice and its first African-American justice. Ms. Glancy, who specializes in Workers’ Compensation, has practiced law with her husband Mike, a Social Security Disability Advocate, in Wilmington and Williamston, NC. since 1985.
- In 2017, Michael Glancy was honored by NCAJ with a Lifetime Achievement Award for his tireless advocacy on behalf of the disabled for his work with the NCAJ Disability Advocacy Section, for his dedication to the continuing legal education for Social Security Disability practitioners across the state and for making many of its members better advocates for our clients through thoughtful conversations and advice. He also authored an article entitled Assessing Functional Capacity in Social Security Disability Proceedings published in the North Carolina Advocates for Justice’s magazine.
- On March 24, 2011, at a reception sponsored by Legal Aid of North Carolina, Kathleen Glancy was recognized as one of North Carolina’s Top 50 Women “Super Lawyers” by magazine.
Please Like us on Facebook and Follow us on Twitter to keep up with these and other Firm Announcements!