- Click Here to see more pictures!
- Kathleen Glancy is proud to announce that she has been named as a “Super Lawyer” for 2013 – 2016. This is an exclusive list, recognizing no more than five percent of attorneys in North Carolina. Super Lawyers, part of Thomson Reuters, is a research-driven, peer influenced rating service of outstanding lawyers who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement.
- The Law Offices of Kathleen Glancy are pleased to announce that their associate Laurie L. Janus has been admitted to the North Carolina State Bar. Ms. Janus has been a member of the Virginia State Bar since 1994, and joined the Glancy firm upon her move to Wilmington in 2012.
She specializes in Social Security Disability.
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice NCAJ holds its annual convention in Wilmington NC this weekend and looks forward to recognizing this year’s NCAJ award recipients. The Thurgood Marshall Award is being presented to Kathleen Glancy, a Wilmington Attorney to recognize extraordinary and selfless service to the people of North Carolina in keeping with the legacy of Justice Thurgood Marshall. Thurgood Marshall was an Associate Justice of the United States Supreme Court, serving from October 1967 until October 1991. Marshall was the Court’s 96th justice and its first African-American justice. Ms. Glancy, who specializes in Workers’ Compensation, has practiced law with her husband Mike, a Social Security Disability Advocate, in Wilmington and Williamston, NC. since 1985.
- Mason Hogan has been appointed an Administrative Law Judge with the Social Security Administration’s Office of Adjudication and Review in Fayetteville, North Carolina. The Social Security Administration will benefit greatly from his knowledge of Social Security Disability Law and we wish him the best in this new endeavor.
- Michael Glancy authored an article entitled Assessing Functional Capacity in Social Security Disability Proceedings in the April 2011 issue of the North Carolina Advocates for Justice’s Trial Briefs magazine.
- On March 24, 2011, at a reception sponsored by Legal Aid of North Carolina, Kathleen Glancy was recognized as one of North Carolina’s Top 50 Women “Super Lawyers” by Law and Politics magazine.
- On March 18, 2011, during a Continuing Legal Education seminar for the North Carolina Advocates for Justice in Fayetteville, North Carolina, Mason Hogan presented a talk on legal issues that arise when claimants attempt to work while awaiting their Social Security Disability hearings.
- On December 10, 2010, the North Carolina Advocates for Justice Disability Advocacy Section (DAS) presented Mason Hogan with a Lifetime Achievement Award “For providing exemplary service for 28 years of practice and for his continuing support and encouragement of professionalism in the practice of Social Security Disability law through his thoughtful, literate, supportive presence on the DAS listserv, his dedication to improving and maintaining the quality of DAS continuing education and his service to DAS in many leadership roles, including past Chair of DAS.”
Please Like us on Facebook and Follow us on Twitter to keep up with these and other Firm Announcements!